2016 at My Own Home Project, Inc.
2015 at My Own Home Project, Inc.
- My Own Home Project was chosen as one of 3 non-profits to speak at the Quantum Foundation Breakfast in 2015. We were honored to have the President Tracey Cannova, and one of our foster care recipients address the non-profit community on the imprtance of what we do for foster kids in the community. This was followed by a very nice grant for $15,000! Thank you Quantum in the Community for your continued support of our local community Project!
- Thank you to the Jupiter Dragons for helping to raise $1500.00 for My Own Home Project. Please see photos of this great Saturday morning event in the photos section. We had a wonderful time with the Jupiter Dragons Swim team in December at their 2nd Annual Fundraiser for My Own Home Project youths aging out of foster care swim meet.
- On September 8th we had another successful Distribution Party where we were able to help 10 foster youths with their transition on to their next stage in life; independent living.
- We were recently honored to be included in this year's edition of Extraordinary Charities; a directory of charitable giving. We would like to thank Beverlee Miller & John J. Raymond, Jr. for all that they do in the community to highlight the needs of small non-profits in Palm Beach County.
Thank you to the Jupiter Dragons for helping to raise $1500.00 for My Own Home Project. Please see photos of this great Saturday morning event in the photos section.
- My Own Home Project, Inc., with the help of our volunteers, donors, and the wonderful counselors at Childnet, was able to help 82 foster youths with their transition to independant living in 2014! Thank you to all who supported us in so many ways!
- My Own Home Project, Inc. has held 8 Distribution Parties in 2013. We have helped over 50 young adults on their transition from foster care to independence. We are proud to be making a difference 1 child at a time, because every child counts.
- My Own Home Project, Inc. is thrilled to announce that we are recieving a $25,000 grant from Quantum Foundation, Palm Beach County on November, 15, 2014. Thank you Quantum!
- We just held our 1st Happy Hour Fundraiser at Dirty Martini on April 4th! A great time was had by all! Through community support and the generous team at Dirty Martini, we were able to raise $4870.00! See Party Pics Page! We had our second fundraiser in conjunction with Blue Martini, Cityplace, at their annual Little Black Dress Event and raised $3600.00 for foster youths aging out of the foster care system. Please click the link on our homepage to see photos from those events.
- My Own Home Project, Inc. recieved a $1000.00 grant from the Pollination Project.
- My Own Home Project, Inc. recieved a $1000.00 grant from UPS. Thanks UPS for making a difference in Palm Beach County.
- My Own Home Project, Inc. was highlighted at the beautiful Breakers Hotel for the Palm Beach Chamber Breakfast on December 12th. Beautiful event and met some really great people. Thank you Breakers and Palm Beach Chamber for the opportunity to get the word out.
- My Own Home Project won $1100.00 from Awesome Palm Beach on December 5th. They reward microgrants to people in Palm Beach County who are doing awesome things for people in Palm Beach County. We think you guys are awesome!
- We attended Crowdfunding & Cocktails hosted by the Palm Beach Post and we got 2nd place! We recieved $2200.00 to help foster youths in Palm Beach County with new household items! Thanks Palm Beach Post for the exposure!
- My Own Home Project, Inc. recently won a contest hosted by the Palm Beach Post newspaper. We were chosen as one of the best among new emerging businesses in Palm Beach County!
- We held our Wednesday September 18th Distribution Party for Palm Beach County foster youths. Please visit our photo page for all the newest pictures.
- Also, a special thank you to Vita Nova, Inc. for always being such a great support for these children and for helping me host these events. You are all truly making such a difference in these children's lives.
- My Own Home Project, Inc. would also like to thank Moore, Ellrich & Neal P.A. and especially Terri Melton CPA for providing food for our September Event
PARTY INFO: Please see our photos page for pictures!
- We had our 1st Happy Hour Fundraiser on April 4th, 2014 at Dirty Martini in Palm Beach Gardens. It was very well attended and everyone had a great time. There was great socializing, good food, a fantastic silent auction with some great deals as well as a 50/50 raffle. We also set up an art station for participants to write words of encouragement to foster youths in Palm Beach County. We were able to raise $4800.00 to support our mission and get the word out about the plight of these youths. Through generous donations of food and libations from Dirty Martini and the compassion of the community here in Palm Beach County, we will be able to outfit 10 more youths with the household items that they need to start their lives. We were honored to be chosen by Blue Martini in Cityplace as the recipient of their annual Little Black Dress Event, benefiting My Own Home Project, Inc on July 19th, 2014 from 8-11pm. We were able to raise $3600.00 for these foster youths at this very pivotal time in their young lives.